Monday, June 8, 2009

Past Due

Today I am 1 day past my due date, and utterly miserable. I wanted to schedule an induction for today, but my doctor wasn't scheduling for today for some reason. Tomorrow? They already have two medically necessary scheduled inductions, so the hospital probably wouldn't be able to accommodate me also. So I am scheduled for induction at 7am Wednesday morning.

When I was on the phone scheduling the induction last Thursday, this Wednesday seemed too long to wait. Now that it is already Monday, I am kind of glad though. I'm giving myself more time to go into labor naturally, which is what I really want. I really don't want to be induced!!!! My plan was to labor in the jacuzzi tub (which is heavenly!), but if I get induced I will have to be hooked up to the monitors and won't be able to labor pretty much anywhere but laying in a bed.

We had a good weekend, though. Ate a lot of junk food. (It was my last pregnant weekend, give me a break!!) On Saturday we took Bruce to see Up. On Sunday we were all totally lazy and didn't really do anything. Today Bruce and I had lunch with my mother-in-law, sister-in-law and niece and then we went to the mall for a bit. Tomorrow (assuming I'm still pregnant) I have a massage. Just trying to relax and take it easy.

Picture of me at 39 weeks, 6 days:

From Pregnancy

No comments:

Post a Comment