Monday, July 13, 2009

Original Layout!

I was recently talking to Dave about how I felt kind of lame for having a pre-made blogger layout. It's not something that I really concerned myself with, but I thought it might be nice to have something a little more... original. He offered to draw a masthead for me. We sat together and brainstormed and somehow we got to talking about an anime we used to watch.

It is a wonderful series called Record Of Lodoss War. After every episode, they have a cartoony segment where cutesy anime versions of the characters basically recap the episode. They are everything I love about anime: buggy, sparkling eyes; high-pitched, squealing voices; frenetic, behavior.

Dave suggested (probably jokingly) that he draw our family in that style. I enthusiastically agreed. My husband is a great artist, and I jump at any chance to have him create something for me. It is incredibly flattering that he would spend his time creating an image for me! So here you have it! My family-- in anime form!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, good job to David, that drawing is seriously awesome.

    ReplyDelete