Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mad Pancake

Last weekend we took a trip to Moscow and Lewiston. Bruce did probably the funniest thing while we were there.

Bruce is normally a pretty shy little guy, but lately when he has his mind set on something he'll let everyone know about it. It was Sunday morning and we were having breakfast at the Shari's in Lewiston. Saturday afternoon, we ate at the Shari's in Moscow and Bruce ordered the Happy Face Pancake. So this time, we sit down in our booth and he looks at the kid's menu and points to the Happy Face Pancake and says, "I want that pancake again. Only this time I want it with a MAD FACE." Dotty and I laughed and looked at each other. I mouthed the words, "We'll just order him a happy face one" thinking that he would have probably forgotten by the time the food got there.

So a few minutes later the waitress comes by and Dotty tells her that we'll get the face pancake, and Bruce pipes up and announces, "But I want it with a MAD FACE!" The waitress looks at me and Dotty, a little suprised. She said, "Is he mad?" To which I responded, "No, he's just three." And I gave her a look like I-really-don't-know-what-he's-on-about. So she chuckled and said, "Okay, we can do that. We'll make a mad face pancake!" and Bruce looked so thrilled.

From Moscow Trip
He looks mad in this picture because he was making a mad face to go with the pancake.



From Moscow Trip
A little blurry, but you can tell he loves his mad pancake.



From Moscow Trip
Close up of the mad little guy.



The more I thought about him ordering a mad pancake, the more it made me laugh. Not only because the waitress put the order in, but that the cook back there got an order for a mad face pancake and drew a little frowny face on it. So ridiculous. This is one of the stories (and pictures) I will remember in anticipation of the day that Bruce brings home his first girlfriend. Priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment