Wednesday, February 18, 2009



My 20 week ultrasound is finally complete! It took three visits, but they were finally able to view her heart clearly. Bruce went with me to this visit, and the ultrasound tech printed out these three photos of the little baby's face. Caught a yawn in the second shot, even!

I am 24 weeks now, and am starting to actually feel pregnant. I registered for my baby shower on Tuesday with my mother in law, and we had a great time. That really helped the excitement sink in that we're going to have a little girl! We picked out bedding and a car seat and a bouncer, and it was so strange to be looking at the girl stuff instead of the boy stuff! I am really excited!

I had my prenatal appointment today, doctor says everything is fine. I've gained 13 pounds so far, which they say is right on track. I gained waaay too much when I was pregnant with Bruce, and I've been trying to keep it in check this time.

I've been feeling the baby kick a lot more frequently. I didn't feel much in the beginning because my placenta is on the front wall of my uterus rather than the back, and it served as a giant cushion. All I could feel was little flutterings. Now I'm getting firm kicks and jabs to my sides and upper abdomen. It's nice, because Dave and Bruce have both been able to feel the baby kicking.

I've got a lot more I mean to say, but it never seems I have the time to update my blog. I have the time, so I suppose it's just an issue of whether I actually sit down to do it. I'll try to be good. :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to tell you that the baby whispered 'There can only be one,' to me when I was talking to your stomach. She even started humming Queen, it was cool. Your blog rocks, babe!

    ReplyDelete